The Marriage You've Always Wanted Conference 2017 Season
Churches invited to serve as a host site for additional conferences this year
Since the 1980s, Moody Publishers and The Moody Bible Institute have partnered with Dr. Gary Chapman to host the popular conference called The Marriage You’ve Always Wanted. The conference is designed to help couples learn healthy ways to strengthen their marriage relationship. Throughout the conference Chapman encourages couples who are doing well and to help reignite the flame that has gone out for so many.
Since first launching more than 30 years ago it is estimated that over a million couples have attended this conference all over the United States. Each year relationships are transformed in places like Michigan, Illinois, North and South Carolinas, Florida, Hawaii, Alaska and many more.
Whether married for six months or sixty years, every marriage can use a boost. In this popular conference led by Dr. Gary Chapman, author of Moody Publishers #1 New York Times bestseller The 5 Love Languages®, the following topics will be addressed, which is the at the base of every marriage:
- Communication 101: Healthy, honest communication is essential to establish and maintain a thriving marriage. Hear Dr. Gary Chapman’s memorable anecdotes and practical advice for couples on this important topic. Discover your own tendency to be a “babbling brook” or a “dead sea” and how to deal with the implications of these characteristics to enhance communication in your marriage.
- Expressing Love: What should couples do when those exciting feelings of love seem to be long gone? Dr. Chapman explains how to rekindle those emotions with some easy strategies that help husbands and wives express love to their spouses and refill each other’s empty “love tanks (take off the s).” Learn your spouse’s primary “love language” and choose to act out of love—two crucial steps to renewing your relationship.
- Making Changes: Dr. Chapman has a word to both wives and husbands in this session, as he demonstrates how the model of the Godhead is the key to thriving marriages. You’ll receive advice on how to handle strong disagreements, power struggles and poor decisions.
- Sex and Intimacy: We may giggle or avoid the subject, but there is no denying that God created sex and designed it as a powerful means for loving your spouse. Dr. Chapman reminds couples of God’s biblical intention for sex, while addressing common misconceptions and difficulties related to this important aspect of marriage.
- Dealing with Criticism: In this session, Dr. Chapman teaches ways to lovingly accept your spouse while letting your voice be heard. Learn the delicate art of constructive criticism and the value of a good laugh with your spouse.
“I’m excited to once again bring the conference to churches around the country. We’ll spend time learning how to bring some fun and encouragement into marriages,” said Dr. Chapman. “Couples can expect to enjoy the day as we spend time finding new ways to communicate with their spouse, resolve conflicts, and make their spouse feel loved.”
Dr. Chapman will cover topics that couples are either already facing, or may deal with in the future, along with helping with basic communication techniques. Dr. Chapman will teach those in attendance how to pray together in order to strengthen their marriages.
This conference is a great refresher for couples. It is for those doing well and for those struggling. It’s an opportunity for couples to resolve conflict in a healthy way, and to bring difficult topics into the light.
Dates and Locations for The Marriage You’ve Always Wanted:
- First Evangelical Free Church of Fullerton in California on Feb. 25
- Fellowship Bible Church New Jersey on April 8
- Applewood Baptist Church in Colorado on May 6.
Host a Conference at Your Church
“Strong marriages equal strong families, strong families equal a strong church,” Dr. Chapman added. “For a congregation to be healthy churches need to invest in marriage and family a relationship, by bringing a message of truth that’s practical and can be applied from the second the conference ends.”
If your church would like to host a conference with Dr. Chapman, please visit the “Host a Conference” tab on The Marriage You’ve Always Wanted website.
For more information about The Marriage You’ve Always Wanted, including registration, please visit the conference web page.